It’s a rainy Sunday afternoon and while the boys are playing online games, I thought of writing a simple automated test using Specflow on User Login. I recorded it too and it’s in youtube, so if you want what you see, please continue reading this and check how it is done.
Here is the video uploaded in youtube : Specflow Automated Login Test
If you’re good to proceed, here are the steps :
1.Download Visual Studio. I’m using Community Edition 2015.
2. Once done, open VS and create a new project, name it BasicBDDProject.
3. Install Specflow, NUnit, NUnit Test Adapter, Selenium Webdriver, Selenium Chrome webdriver.
4. After the references were downloaded, create a feature file by right-clicking on the project, add an item then select the Specflow Feature File. Name the file as Login. Change the default feature and scenario to the following.
Feature : Login In order to add a blog post As a registered member I want to be able to login with the correct credentials Scenario : Login with correct credentials Given I navigate to the test site When I enter my username and password And I login Then I will be able to see my profile page
Notice how the Scenario texts are in different color. This is because there are no defined steps yet.
5. To define the steps, right click on the scenario and click on the generate steps.
6. When you generate the steps, a new class file is also created and named “LoginSteps.cs” and will look like the image below.